Thursday, August 27, 2009

Achieving Customer Satisfaction


Have any of you read the book called The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn? The main point of the book is that no matter what your job is, there are things you can do to provide excellent customer satisfaction. He used his mailman as the example of this and, yes, his name is Fred.
I am always on the lookout for excellent customer service and recently had a fabulous experience that I wanted to pass along to you. Of all places, it was at the grocery store, which was where I least expected to experience it. I was in a hurry to check out as I was running late to my next appointment. I had some cases of water in my cart and was going to put them on the platform to speed up the process. Before I had a chance to do this, the cashier explained that her scanner could do this with the items still in the cart and that I did not need to remove them. As she scanned all of my items, she asked me about my day, and made sure my groceries were packaged the way that I like. She also made sure that someone helped load the groceries into my car. She definitely exceeded my expectations!
All of the cashiers are trained the same way at this store, but she went above and beyond to make sure that I was satisfied. I am a frequent shopper at this particular store and the cashiers do not always provide the same level of service. She genuinely came across as being interested in making sure that I had a pleasant shopping experience. It created a memorable experience for me and when I am at this store, I always look to see if she is working so that I can go to her line. We actually gave her a “Fred Award” for her outstanding service.
As a custom homebuilder, it has always been very important that we give our customers the very best in customer service. As a matter of fact, it is part of the ongoing training program at Julie LaTerra Homes for our team of designers and sales consultants. Our company’s mission statement is “Enhancing People’s Lives,” and one of the ways that we do this is by providing excellent customer service to our customers throughout the entire build process and beyond.
If you can, you should put this book on your reading list. It definitely makes you think about things that you can do in your job or with your family that will enhance their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment